Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Paperwork Update

Just a quick paperwork update for you. It justs gets worse everyday so it pains me to sit down and write it. But here's what I know. Our new birth certificate made it out of Archives. However, MOI will not accept it this way. It now has to go through legalization which is a three-step process: Parquet, Judgement, and Foreign Affairs. We got through Parquet today and will be out of Judgement (they say) next Tuesday. No word on Foreign Affairs.

I did find out something helpful today. Vera, another adoptive mother has a blog (www.adoptivemomhaiti.blogspot.com) with lots of specific and up-to-date information on the Haitian adoptive process. On her July 10th entry she gives a readable synopsis of the procees once your paperwork gets to Haiti. It was helpful for me for see it written out that way. Thanks, Vera.

In other news today, my mom is coming down next Thursday. We are looking forward to having her here. I'll try to do better with the pictures in the next few days.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Becky, My heart is heavy for you, but I know for sure that God is Big! And He is Good. I fully believe that Satan uses discouragement to keep our focus off of Jesus. So, do not lose heart, Sister-Friend, and know that there will be a wonderful reward in the end. "Therefore, do not lose heart....for our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (1 Corinthians 4:16-18) Praying for you often and checking your blog regularly, Jodi Boyd

Anonymous said...

I'm so very sorry, Becky! I have absolutely know idea how you must feel, but just from your pictures I see a women of faith with joy and hope in her eyes. I will continue to pray, God will be victorious! ~Deb~

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Anonymous said...

Becky,

We are so frustrated for you. Tons of people are covering you guys with prayer and support. Please know that, as hard as it may be to realize, each day is one step closer to getting everything done and heading home. We love you and are praying for you and keeping in touch thru your blog and family.

"Be Strong, Be Brave, For the Lord our God is with you!"

Love you
Karen and Don

Anonymous said...

Becky,
I was just thinking this morning about how frustrated Satan must be with you. Everday he keeps shelling out what he's got and every day you faith is stronger! He has to give up sooner or later because his strength comes from himself and is very limited. Your strenght and perserverance comes from the Lord. There is a never ending suppy of it and victory comes through Jesus! I am praying for you and can't wait to see you again. Love ya, sis.
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! We are praying for you - thankfully you can be with Kerwin through all of this. Know that the LORD can work miracles - even with governments! (I'm in the middle of reading Ezra - HE can do now what HE did then!) Remember...God can do what HE says HE can do! Checking the site daily - glad your Mom's coming soon.
Jen Skaggs

Anonymous said...

Becky,
By this time next week, I should be in Haiti. Yeah!!! I can't wait to see you and Kerwin. Who would have thought that you can get a round trip for $433.
See you soon. Mom

Anonymous said...

We are so glad that Dad is with you&Kerwin this week.Please know that there are many people at our church &work praying for all of you.You have accomplished so much in terms of all that Kerwin has learned from you these past months.We are so proud of you for all your faith.We love you all!Love,Mom H.