Thursday, August 16, 2007

Weather watching







Our friend Erin arrived today from the mission. We had a nice day here at the hotel. We had school in the morning. We learned about weather which is timely because we may have a hurricane coming soon. It is likely that Dean will catch Haiti with tropical storm force winds. We made a weather wheel, a snowy landscape, and a snowflake.

Tomorrow we plan to get out and do some shopping and site seeing. We are going to at least stock up on some food and water in case anything gets damaged here at the hotel.

Please continue to pray for us. Especially with the storm coming. Rachel is scheduled to leave on Sunday. Those plans are in jeopardy with the storm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky,
Finally I am able to get on line. I had a guy come from insight and he came while Tyler was gone. He pulled out all his plugs and screwed everything up. When I got home the "box" said we were connected and we were not. I called twice this evening and they were rude to me. Well I could go on and on but needless to say, they have made me mad and they have not heard the end of this.

I love the pictures. I got my pass port today. I was very surprised. It didn't take nearly as long as I expected. I hope I won't have to use it and you will be coming home soon.
I also hope Erin has a good time with you and Rachel and Kerwin. I hope she can get rested with a little R & R during her stay.

Please Lord, make the gov. offices process all needed paper work quickly. And keep Haiti safe from the storm.

Mike says Kerwin had a better day yesterday. I'm glad. I wish we could see Kerwin on the webcam again. Maybe tomorrow night?

Sue called in sick today so I had a very busy day. I am heading off to bed early.
Love
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
Now I have my answer. I was wondering if the storm was going to hit your area. Prayers are flying here for you all. We pray for your safety and return home...soon. Glad Rachel is there getting a jump start on her new role as Aunt. How fun!

Don's mom passed away on the 8th (Josie's bday). We have been in the midst of that. It is hard but we are making slow progress. Josie's bday party was canceled and was spread out whenever anyone saw her to give her her gift. Thank goodness she is young enough to be resilient and not worry about those details.

Love your pictures! Kerwin looks like he is learning alot and loving doing it! How fun to work with him.

Our prayers are with you for news from MOI and a safe return home for all of you along with protection from the storm.

love to all
Karen and Don