Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sports of all sorts






The pictures are of Rachel and Kerwin before she left, Kerwin playing football in the room with Grandpa, and Kerwin playing Zingo with the kids in our room.

Another "weekend" day here. We took it easy most of the day. Kerwin played with all his new toys. He played football, basketball, baseball, painted, put together a puzzle and watched his new Air Bud movies (Air Bud Plays Football and Volleyball). His grandpa brought him a football which he loves and he's never had one before. He also brought a really cool basketball goal that sticks to the sliding glass door with suction cups. It's the perfect size and surprisingly, it stays up really well. I started a new knitting project today. I asked for knitting needles and yarn so that I could at least have something tangible to show for my time here. I've begun knitting Kerwin a scarf. He understands it's a "scarf" but I still don't think he can quite wrap his mind around what it's for. He keeps picking up the needle with the scarf hanging off of it and waving like a flag. This morning we swam with the other kids that are staying here. Then after diner they came over to play games again. They love playing that Zingo game. They are all so competitive. But it's great for the kids learning English. And I love that Kerwin is playing competitively in an organized game with his peers.

Tomorrow is back to school and back to Archives to see about our paperwork. Please pray that that document will be signed and ready to go when Mirlande walks in the door. If it were to come out of there early in the day, we could conceivably be back to MOI tomorrow. That would be wonderful. Thanks for all the support and encouragement. It's fun, I keep meeting people here and they say, "Oh, I feel like I know you already. I've been reading your blog." Such a small world after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Becky,
It was hard to come home without you. I've been praying all day that you would get the new birth certificate today. I hope to hear good news from you soon. I love you two and miss you both. Everyone has enjoyed hearing my Kerwin stories.
Rachel